9.14.2015

//ICONS// THE B52's WITH THE PSYCHEDELIC FURS AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL


(Candid Photo before the bands go on!!! )

EL LOOK
A LITTLE B 52S.... A LITTLE PSYCHEDELIC FURS
(Vintage Fun Prints mixed in with leather and pink.)



The Psychedelic Furs - Led by singer Richard Butler and his brother Tim Butler on bass guitar. Founded in 1977, London England.

"Pretty in Pink"... is one of my favorite 80's movies starting my girl Molly Ringwall, and the soundtrack is so good that it has become a cult classic equal to the film. The Psychedelic Furs opened for the evening along with the Hollywood Orchestra which added more sexy drama to their already sexy rock'n roll songs. 
The set started with "Love my Way", which is my favorite song. Richard Butler's raspy voice is still as mysterious as the day or night he recorded his iconic songs. It was an amazing set...a rather short set in my opinion but impactful. Short but Sweet.
XO

SET LIST
LOVE MY WAY
ONLY YOU AND I
HEARTBREAK BEAT
THERE'S A WORLD
HEAVEN
PRETTY IN PINK
SLEEP COMES DOWN

with Fireworks Final




The B52s -Founded in 1976 Athens, Georgia, USA. Fred Schneider (vocals, percussion, keyboards) Kate Pierson (organ, keyboards, bass, vocals) Cindy Wilson ( vocals, bongos, tambourine) Keith Strickland ( drums, guitar, keyboards, synths, and more) Not sure if he play this set... since he's still in the band but does not tour since 2013... but it's the Hollywood Bowl.... so.... 

I can't believe I had never seen the B52's before considering they have been making me dance since I wore pampers... lol.  I don't remember how I got a hold of their music but it happen... maybe by watching Peewee's Playhouse or maybe my babysitter... do I dare and say MTV? Anyway it's the same thing with Devo. I don't remember how I starting listening to them but I was young...
 super young.  

The B52's Rocked It!!
They did not play all of my favorite jams... I could have use a couple more encores... I wish I could afford them to play for my birthday party... my birthday is next month. :)

I went crazy when they played "Dance this Mess Around" which is one of my favorite songs. Cindy Wilson killed it, as she sang and played the bongos.
Fred Schneider is so hilarious and still has the dance moves... all them do.
The late Ricky Wilson was playing guitar in spirit as his sister Cindy Wilson sang "Girl from Ipanema Goes to Greenland" dedicated to her big brother and main founder of the band who passed away from Aids complications in 1985.
The encore started with "Planet Claire" and Kate Pierson voice was magical like beautiful siren it was lovely to hear it live... hitting all the high notes for a the entire song. Magic. 
The fireworks made the encore more epic, since the fireworks exploded perfectly with the music.
Oh "Rock Lobster"... the song the started it all... and can make anyone dance finished up the set.
Excellent.
XO

SET LIST
PUMP
MESOPOTAMIA
PRIVATE IDAHO
LAVA
DANCE THIS MESS AROUND
GIRL FROM IPANEMA GOES TO GREENLAND
ROAM
PARTY OUT OF BOUNDS
LOVE IN THE YEAR 3000
STROBE LIGHT

ENCORE
(with the Hollywood Orchestra)
PLANET CLAIRE
LOVE SHACK
ROCK LOBSTER





No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...