3.09.2011

Surrealist Party 2011...

Surrealism is one of my favorite Art movements. I've always wanted to have a, "Surrealism Art Themed Party." The symbolism of Surrealism used in fashion have always been an on going source of inspiration.
Since Miss Surrealism her self Elsa Schiaparelli  is no longer with us to design my perfect costume for my half birthday... I shall design it myself. haha... (I heart Schiaparelli !!!)
Through-out the years I've always loved and enjoyed when others designer get inspired by such a dream state, existential realm that is Surrealism. Many designer's from  YSL, Alexander Mc Queen, Dolce and Gabbana, Prada, and my favorite Viktor & Rolf have tapped into the surreal.
This season- One collection really caught my eye: Jean-Charles de Castebajac. His love affair with surrealist artist Man-Ray for his Fall 2011 collection, keep me focus there was no wondering off to another world... I was already there.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...