1.23.2015

//ART// THE DAVID BAILEY EXPERIENCE AT TASCHEN FEATURING THE ROLLING STONES

GOAT HEADS SOUP 1973 BY DAVID BAILEY
THE ROLLING STONES 1966 -PHOTOGRAPHY  BY GERED MANKOWITZ
KEITH RICHARDS "PATIENCE PLEASE A DRUG FREE AMERICA COMES FIRST" 1972 
BY ETHAN RUSSELL
(My exhibition photos taken by Me using my iPhone 6)

TALK ABOUT BEING BORN TOO LATE....
I've always been drawn to the 60's youth quake. The power it had for change in everything from social, political to spiritual and of course over all creative and artistic. I'm an 80's baby, a 90's kid, young adult in the New Millenia...and still I've been channeling the 60's spirit since a pre-teen years in the 90's. A young flower child in Los Angeles, to later moved to San Francisco to study Art & Performance... The spirt is still Alive... but of course it can never be like the real thing. Of it there was a time machine, this era of time would be one of my first stops. 
As for now it's just romantic dream.
I wanted to go to the exhibition last month when it open... alas I miss the opening in December so I wanted to see the exhibition later the Holiday craze. To my delight the exhibition has been so successful that Taschen has extend the closing date to February 15, 2015.

What can I say, Los Angeles LOVES THE ROLLING STONES!!!
and of course David Bailey who is a legend himself, has been capturing and creating: life style, rock'n roll, fashion, and more since 1960's. He inspired the main character of 1966's Michelangelo Antonioni, London film BlowUp which is one of my favorite film of all time. Based on the swinging life of London in the 60's... taking photographs creating magic... breaking some hearts. 
Just like The Rolling Stones. LOL
The exhibition is well curated, from the fun timeline to mix of black 'n white stills and color stills. As well as mixing the many years of Rolling stone magic.  It's a powerful time warp exhibition for anyone. 

The exhibition not only has Bailey photography but many other legend photographers such as another favorite of mine : Anton Corbijn who stole my heart when he made the film based on the life of Ian Curtis the lead singer of Joy Division in 2007's film Control. He was the band's main photographer.

I wish I could throw down the 5 grand for the SUMO-SIZED SIGNED Rolling Stones Book. 
Alas... If anyone out there in the universe loves me take this as a Hint. I WANT IT!!!
...but I would I would settle for the small one with back stage tickets to their next show and have the book personally signed. OMG. Please.
LONG LIVE ROCK'N ROLL
XO

“IT’S JUST A SHOT AWAY:
THE ROLLING STONES IN PHOTOGRAPHS”

December 14 - February 15
Open TUE-SAT 11-6 PM
SUN 12 noon-5 PM
And by appointment

TASCHEN GALLERY
8070 BEVERLY BLVD
LOS ANGELES, CA

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...