3.31.2015

//ICON// SELENA FOREVER... 20 YEARS LATER & SHE'S STILL EVERYTHING!!!

SELENA FOREVER

In the early nineties rock'n roll and Selena meant everything to me. Her music makes me happy and sad at the same time. It is still very emotional to listen to her music still to this day 20 years after her death. Perhaps, that's why I don't like Selena Gomez music...but it's really not my style anyway it's too commercial pop. Plus there's only one Selena. I had the chance to meet her husband Chris Perez a two years ago during a design meeting. It was hard for me not to start crying and ask  him all kinds of questions. I still have not read his book about Selena. It was obvious I'm still not ready.
 I can't even imagine the pain for her family...
 The impact she had on me was/is intense in a very positive way she was just that cool. Selena was great role model. From her sense of style; I mean leather, sparkles and bustiers...ummm yeah. To her dance moves which involved a mix of cumbia and modern 90's fly girl moves to her love of pizza. 
She was an amazing singer, performer and costume designer.
Writing this reminds me of that horrible afternoon I came home from school, and my mother sat me down and told me a lady shot Selena dead... I ignored was she said...I was in denial as I did my homework... It wasn't until dinner time when I finally had the courage to watch the news with my family... when it really hit me...it was true my icon was dead.
I watched in tears at the many news reports, as I tried to finished the rest of my homework... I had to redo a section of my homework because it was covered in tears.
To me that was the day the music died.
Forever in my heart.
Techno Cumbia 4 Life!!
XO

LIVE PERFORMANCE OF 
"COMO LA FLOR"
(MI FAVORITE SONG!!! )
BONUS BAILA ESTA CUMBIA

 BIDI BIDI BOM BOM

AMOR PROHIBIDO

LA LLAMADA

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...