7.20.2015

//ICONS// FIORUCCI... IN REMEMBRACE OF ELIO FIORUCCI

(ELIO FIORUCCI in 1970)
photos via google

IN REMEMBERANCE OF ELIO FIORUCCI
Founder of the Italian label in 1967 which was the first shop to expose Milan to the Swinging London styling and Americana classics such as the jeans and t-shirt and much more... Ahh the 60's.
I remember seeing the cupid like angels logos, pin -ups and overall cheeky-pop art style ads in my Seventeen -Vogue magazines in the 90's. As well as the mall displays in major department stores. 
AND I LOVED IT!!
Sadly, Mr. Fiorucci had sold the company in 1990 to the Japanese group Edwin International so I never witness and a real Fiorucci in a sense but the classic pop art influence was still evident in the branding. 

MALL RAT stories... I had a Fiorucci denim logo jacket with embroidered cupid logo... man... I wish I still had it... perhaps I should go to the mall or check out e-bay.

Rest in Peace Elio Fiorucci
(1935-2015)
 Heaven just got a little bit more Colorful. 


No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...