9.28.2015

//SHOWS// THE ONE AND ONLY GRACE JONES AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL

(photos taken by me)

I missed Paris fashion week for Grace Jones... and I'm not mad about it. The performance beyond amazing. I've bare witness to her grace once before back in the summer of 2009 at the infamous Hollywood Bowl as well. 
Pair with an excellent opener as the synth pop band,"Future Islands." It's was a night of magic and manifestations as the rare super blood moon spotlight the night...
Grace Jones perform in head to toe body paint in an homage to her late friend and collaborator artist Keith HaringThey collaborated in music videos as well as the 1986 film Vamp. She had several costume changes throughout the show and each one was dramatic yet... well curated to fit the white to red body paint tribal style design. Keith Haring's work has always had movement and tribal influence... I mean New York is a concert jungle...and New York was the place to be for pop street art in the 80's and early 90's. 
She sang all the classics though she missed "Demolition Man," but she treated us with a couple of new songs from her up a coming album "Shenanigans"... and the new tracks are fun and will be instant jams in my book. And she HULA HOOP while singing... I've seen videos of her hula hooping while singing but WOW. Seeing it live was Epic. I'm really looking forward to her new album and to reading her new memoirs book... it will definitely be on my birthday and/or christmas list. "Ill Never Write My Memoirs" book will hit store September 29th 2015.

Once again Grace Jones...I LOVE YOU !!!
XO

SET LIST
Night Clubbing (Iggy Pop Cover)
This is walking in the Rain (Flash and the pan Cover)
I've seen this face Before (Liber-Tango)
Shenanigans
My Jamaican Guy
Private Life (Pretenders Cover)
La vie la Rose (Edith Piaf)
Nipple to the Bootle
Williams Blood
Love is the Drug (Roxy Music Cover)
Pull Up to the Bumper
Slave to the Rhythm

LINKS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_Jones
http://www.haring.com
http://www.future-islands.com
http://www.hollywoodbowl.com 

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...