2.21.2010

MOCA and LACE...

I started off my night at The Geffen Contemporary it's part of the MOCA museum... The weather was cold with some light drizzle.The exhibition was sexually driven  mix media artworks by a sea of artists... I could have not possibly remembered all of them.
LIVE SPRAWL was an interactive performance by Los Angeles-based artist collective Lucky Dragons -there performance was created specifically for last night members only party.
Lucky Dragons performance was most electrifying ... they filled the environment full of sound, lighting and well physical contact and of course video for a touch a beauty. The surprise of some what like electricity felt my hands tingling after my participation during the show. Thus why I do not have many photos....





LACE held there annual winter benefit.
GUTTED the events name was a teamed event with LACE and Los Angeles based curator Dino Dinco.


"The impetus for GUTTED stems from my love for performance as well as my ongoing interest in the work of French philosopher and social critic Jean-Luc Nancy, particularly his work Corpus. In this work, Nancy articulates that there is no ontology of the body, but rather, the body is ontology itself. The body is a familiar subject of discourse in the arts, as we have and will always already work from the body. A body of work. A body of knowledge. Through Nancy, I view LACE – the space – as a body that will fill with bodies, where the ongoing conversation about our / their / your bodies will continue."
– Dino Dinco



Special Note: Samuel Vasques, Oscar Santos, Hunter Hamilton, Alice Cunt, Issac "blossom" and Ryan Heffington were among my darling friends who performed last night.  Cheers to all who performed or had installations last night...





I'm wearing all vintage...



http://www.moca.org
http://www.welcometolace.org
http://www.myspace.com/luckydragons

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...